Monday, August 15, 2011

Phish UIC Pavilion Poster



I was commissioned by the band Phish to make a poster for their run of shows in Chicago this week at the UIC Pavilion. I had a lot of fun with this one, making reference to the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. I used the letters of the band's name as warehouses on fire along the river. Tucked in the corner is an anonymous barn, a tongue in cheek reference to the argument over how the fire got started, which has sadly been blamed on poor Ol Mrs. O'Leary and her cow, which is not borne out by history. These will be onsale at the shows, with a few onsale from me on Thursday after the shows are over.

4 comments:

PhunkJay said...

Beautiful print!!!! Hope I can get one!!!

PhunkJay said...

How can I go about getting one from your sale on Thursday?

k8 said...

Gorgeous! We arrived after it sold out last night & are hoping to purchase one over the next two days.

W-A-U-B-O-N-S-I-E Warriors, Warriors, Waubonsie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.