Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Residents @ Schubas and Lincoln Hall Chicago




I was excited to be asked to make a poster for the Legendary Residents weekend appearances at Schubas and Lincoln Hall- I knew I would need to tackle the iconic Eyeball Tophat that has been the constant visual reference throughout the group's 40 year career of making challenging and creative music.  I chose to depict the image as an old statue with a rickety ladder for your entry into a secret compartment on the top of the tophat.  I was pleased with the way it worked!


I have my copies of the edition up for sale in my shop.  Limit 2 per customer, please.  Edition of 175, signed and numbered, 18 x 24 inches on Ivory stock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soon it will b framed and hanging on my wall!!! so pleased i have a copy.