Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mono with the Wordless Music Orchestra

I was recently hired by Temporary Residence Records to make a poster for one of Mono's performances as part of the Wordless Music Series on May 9th at Le Poisson Rouge with the Wordless Music Orchestra. I was obviously excited to do this! Mono's music is powerful and sometimes ethereal , so it was a challenge to come up with the right imagery at first- I ended up with a comic ( to me) take on the piece "Battle to Heaven" off of their latest LP "Hymn to the Immortal Wind".

Here is the Scratchboard drawing and the final 5 color 19 x 25 print:







The print really worked well. The 4th layer is a split fountain of tranparent metallic gold to Tranparent metallic silver, so there is a really nice patina of shinyness just below the rough surface of the keyline drawing.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I got mine at the show and it looks amazing! Thanks!