Monday, July 12, 2010

Reclamation #1


I'm working on a new print today called Reclamation. I'm putting #1 after it because there will be more prints in this series with that title. The next one will feature the grey wolf. I've had a few people ask me if this is related to the Gulf oil spill, and the answer is no and yes. Ive had this image in my head for a long time, the central idea of animals reclaiming the world after humans, some larger versions of themselves like this Heron, or partially reconstructed animal forms moving and replacing man-made objects.
So, no, not directly . That being said- how can it not be related? Hopefull we don't face a future of a giant methane gas explosion from the ocean floor. That prospect is scary for sure.

Starting the print of this today. Here is the final drawing:

No comments: